[rev_slider alias=”get-involved-11″ /]

Obtaining Assistance

Do I qualify for assistance?

You must be a Riley County or St. George resident in financial crisis to qualify for assistance. Shepherd’s Crossing assists those who have no other financial recourse and are unable to pay their electric, gas, rent or prescription drug bills. We do not require a client to have a shut off notice or an eviction notice. Each case is determined on an individual basis by Shepherd’s Crossing’s counselors, and all counselors are required to maintain client confidentiality.

What is required for assistance?

Clients are required to provide a current picture ID and sign a written release form, which allows us to call landlords, utility companies and pharmacies for verification.

Shepherd’s Crossing has limited funds and may only pay part of a bill. Clients may be asked to return with a receipt for their portion of the payment before we pay our pledged amount.

Utility Bills

For those seeking assistance with a utility bill, clients must provide a copy of the current bill. We are unable to assist with past due bills or bills from a previous residence.


A signed lease agreement must accompany a request for rent assistance.


To fill a prescription, clients must provide the written prescription, and we will help whether or not the client has health insurance or prescription coverage.

[rev_slider alias=”slider-3″ /]